1) Fit workers make 27% fewer errors on tasks involving concentration and memory as opposed to unfit workers
2) When executives start an exercise program, they improve their ability to make complex decisions by 70%.
3) When DuPont instituted an employee fitness program, they had a 47% reduction in absenteeism over six years.
4) When General Motors instituted an employee fitness program, they had a 50% reduction in job-related grievances and on-the-job accidents.
5) For every $1 invested in corporate fitness programs, Coors Brewing Company received a $6.15 return on its investment.
In other words, physical fitness leads to fiscal fitness – and mental fitness as well. The moral of the story: Invest in employee exercise programs. Give people a chance to get up and move. It will pay off, in more ways than one.